This dog needs a foster home.
5/23/13: Hi Everyone It’s Kayla I’m looking good and feeling frisky after losing 8 pounds. My foster family is calling me Lola because they think I look like a show girl. Losing some weight has really helped me to get around. When I first arrived at this temporary stop on my way to my forever home, I couldn’t walk up or down steps. I now go up and down six steps with no problem And this opens up the world of split level living. I am a perfect guest, I love short walks,sitting out on the patio or in the back yard with my foster family and watching the squirrels raid the bird feeder. Being very hard of hearing hasn’t been much of a problem. I know all the basic hand signals and watch my pug friends to see what’s going on. My foster mom always lets me know if I’m snoozing when she leaves the room She waves her hand under my nose I open my eyes and watch her leave. If she wants company she will give me a hand signal if not I go back to sleep and find her when I get lonely.I go and get my people and make a polite whine if I need to go out. Everyone who meets me calls me the sweetest dog ever and I agree. So why am I still here? I’m not 9 years old, I’m 9 years young.
4/18/13: Kayla is doing great in her foster home. She is wonderful dog that is so well behaved. We have two pugs and she is enjoying their company. They get to go on walks together and she is truly enjoying being outside. She has lost some weight and it has help her getting around, she as some more to go but we are seeing improvement. If you are interested in having a good friend to spend time with then I am your girl! I will be here waiting for you.
3/15/13: Ten things you should know about Kayla:
- Because Kayla is well socialized she likes other dogs, she likes cats, and she likes everyone she has met.
- Because she is deaf she sleeps well; she does not startle easily and she readily follows the guidance of another dog.
- Because she is white she looks great in pink. [Thank you Aunt Susan B. for the new collar!]
- Because she is a sensible and loving boxer she thrives on attention; she loves hugs, belly rubs, and simple companionship.
- Because Kayla is a full figured gal she will benefit from a healthy diet and light exercise.
- Because she is nine years old she has some discomfort in her hips and knees; she prefers carpeted areas and she tends to avoid stairs.
- Because Kayla is a good girl she does not jump and she does not climb onto furniture.
- Because “Kay” is totally housebroken she is an easy houseguest.
- Because she is hearing impaired she will need a home with another dog and a fenced yard.
- Because Kayla is cute and sweet and good she deserves a family who will love her and cherish her.
2/8/13: Hi I’m Kayla! I’m what some would say the Betty White of boxers! I may be 9 years old but I can shake my butt like a young puppy. I am being surrendered by my mommy because she has been working lots and will be moving to a smaller apt soon. My mommy would love to take me with her but her new home doesn’t allow large dogs so I can’t go with her. Mommy is very sad but she knows NJBR will find a loving forever family for me. I’m a very happy and good dog. I now live with a Maltese, an American bull dog and a cat. I love going out for walks but because I am slightly over weight which puts a lot of pressure on my bad hip, therefore I can’t walk very far. The NJBR volunteer that visited me thinks I would be able to go on longer walks if I lose some weight. Because of my hip, I also don’t walk well on hardwood floor. I prefer to walk on rugs and/or carpeting, they are better for my beautiful nails anyway, hehe! I love belly rubs and treats, all treats and food. I just don’t like apples, they are just too healthy for me, hehe! Please contact NJBR so I can make you laugh like Betty White!